Baked Eggs – 4 ways…as simple as it can be…the perfect breakfast to face your Monday blues
Baked Eggs – 4 ways
- Oil or butter, to sauté your veggies
- Fillings, Quantities depend on your dish size, taste and whether u r in the mood for chopping!! Below is what I used, you can add whatever you want:
- 1st Ramekin: Bacon, Onion, Tomatoes, Salt and Pepper
- 2nd Ramekin: (my Indian touch) Garlic paste, Green chili paste, Onion, Tomatoes, Coriander leaves, Salt and Red Chili powder
- 3rd Ramekin: Garlic, Onion, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Salt and Pepper
- 4th Ramekin: Garlic, Onion, Tomatoes, Spinach, Salt and Pepper
- Oil or butter, to grease the dish
- Parmesan Cheese, as much or little as you want or you can skip (I would suggest not skipping)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Milk or Cream, 1 tbsp per ramekin
Preheat oven at 190C.
Heat oil/butter on medium heat and sauté the fillings lightly.
Grease the ramekin or baking dish.
Fill it halfway with the veggie fillings you have prepared. Top it with a little cheese.
Make a slight indent in the centre of the filling with the back of a spoon and break the eggs into it. Add a pinch of salt and pepper on top, followed by a little more cheese.
Spoon 1 tablespoon milk or cream on top of the egg to prevent drying out – do not stir.
Transfer the ramekins to a baking sheet and then into the preheated oven.
Bake for 15-20 minutes- depending on how you like your eggs. (Baking time will also depend on the size of the dish you are using and the number of eggs you are using in a dish)
Eat as is or with buttered toast…and now you are ready to face the world on a Monday…go, go, go and conquer it!!!